Thursday, June 10, 2010

Here we go

Hello and welcome to my BLOG :)
This is a very exciting moment for me, as I've been thinking about this and umming and aahing for ages as to whether to do it and how to do it, so the moment is finally here, so...WELCOME.

As you can see from the 'About me' section of my blog, I am a student at the University of Cape Town doing a Masters of Engineering degree in Renewable Energy and Rural Electrification. I am funded by a fantastic scholarship named the Doug Banks Renewable Energy Vision, a scholarship that was started due to the untimely death of Doug Banks, a local hero in the Renewable Energy field. I feel honoured and privileged to have this scholarship especially because of the great man that I have found out that Doug Banks was. To see more about this, check out the Doug Banks Renewable Energy Vision website at: http://www.dougbanks.co.za

The aim of this blog is to be sharing some of what I'm learning, and to get others to catch the vision of the big picture for South Africa. I am passionate about change, about life transformation, about community transformation and about social transformation and I hope that in studying the topics that I am, I will be able to make informed decisions that can pave the way towards change in our country! I will try to keep posts entertaining and not too technical so this blog is accessible to those who are working in this field and for those who aren't but are interested in what is going on.

So, keep your eyes on this page and more facts and thoughts will be coming your way. Please feel free to comment, and add information as you like. I would love interaction with those of you who read this.

Thanks, Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment